Sunday, March 25, 2012

Zakka Style QAL & Sewing Summit 2012

I was on the fence about joining the QAL. Not because it isn't going to be great, but because I'm spread so thin and neglecting my many other QALs with a bit of guilt building up.  But I'm a joiner after all and the line up of blog contributors was just too much to resist. My book may arrive after the official start but since I'm running chronically behind lately, no biggy.

My bitty stash of Washi just sits waiting for a project. I don't have enough for an entire quilt but certainly enough for some of the small items on the QAL list. I fell in love with the Baby Washi Quilt and immediately put it in my favorites. In my browsing, I found this adorable snap coin purse tutorial, so simple and cute.

If my goal is to attend Sewing Summit 2012 and the classes offered will be outside my quilting experience box, then I'd better get my feet wet making non-quilty items before hand so that I'm not totally in over my head.

Tickets go on sale next week making it closer to becoming reality for me.

How about you - Who's going that I might (virtually) "know" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!