Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lure of Linen

When our MQG made a parting gift for one of our officer's who is moving away (boo hoo), we used Kaufman Essex Linen to sew an assortment of napkins using the Purl Bee's wonderful tutorial and I also created a coordinating runner similar to this one I made for my friend's birthday.  Now that the secret is out I can share some pictures.
All rolled up and ready to give
I staged a photo on my own table
Surprise Unveiled
I love the texture that resulted from quilting organic lines on the linen so much that it could easily be a two sided runner. 
Underside and bits in the binding
Aside from Echino and some other linen that I had purchased online and used in my Zakka tote and pin cushion, I hadn't really had much experience with it.
Now I really get the Lure of Linen. 

More Linen in My Future

Here's a sneak at yet another secret so I won't reveal too much other than to say I had a terrific time during two marathon sewing sessions with a talented young lady who is learning to sew and I think it turned out SO cute!  We modified the Zakka Style bag directions slightly to make it a bit wider. The Art Gallery mix & match interior makes me smile.
Echino and Linen book tote
Art Gallery Interior - a pretty mix
Our next project together is a makeup clutch inspired by these.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your runner on the Kaufman Flickr feed - those colors really pop and your execution is perfect. Having fun browsing your other wonderful sewing on your blog now that I'm here :-).

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!