L-R 1. WasteSwap tote 2. Sujata Shah workshop blocks 3. Mini 4. King Clam 5. Nephew quilt 6. BeeSewcial 2016 Stretch 7. BeeSewcial Eyes 2017. 8. Fan dance.
A few New and a few Oldies
I decided to stay motivated, I'd include a nice mix of roll overs and newer WIPs. Various stages from just needing binding to requiring more blocks before they can even become a top let along a finished quilt. Here are the details of my Great Eight:
1. I'm participating in a direct swap on IG with host Jenelle TrashN2Tees . You can read about the details here on her blog. Browsing my partners feed I spotted some cute cat fabric and immediately thought to pull out these thrift store treasures that I have been keeping for a special project. I think she will appreciate the up-cycle of handwork. The tote is started and will need to ship very shortly so although progress isn't all that far, it's a sure bet I'll finish this one.
2. Aren't these blocks from last Sunday's Sujata Shah workshop with my local guild pretty? I had to laugh at myself for thinking the fabric pull was so boring because once I started sewing I was wishing I'd reeled in the crazy! There will be some editing the remaining fabrics and definitely time spend playing with placement during the layout but I've got to make more parts first. This one might be a bit ambitious as a totally finished quilt but I was very excited and enjoyed the class and process so much it kind of skipped ahead on my to do list. She's a wonderful teacher.
4. King Clam. guess who's rolling over yet again? That's right. It's been at this stage since shortly after the 12 hour marathon workshop/sew day in 2014. Now that I have a friend who let's me quilt on her long arm I really have no more excuses. It will be for our bed. (See mosaic for picture)
6. BeeSewcial 2016 "Stretch". The blocks need to be puzzled together and I have an idea of using a gold thread to mimic the stitching in jeans but we will see if that high contrast will be a good thing once I get there.
7. BeeSewcial 2017 "Eyes". Absolutely in love with the blocks that my mates sent me and am SO anxious to get to this one.
8. Fan Dance. Another rollover from Q1 (and previous). Good news is that I'm all the way to the binding stage so it's a no brainer. Plus, I've got in mind who I will gift it to so that's motivation right there.
Well there you have it. I'm ready to linkup my FAL Q2 Goals, are you? Find the details on the official FAL tab and the linky button on this post. It will be closing tomorrow April 8th and you can view the countdown clock at the bottom of that page. If the "ADD YOUR LINK" blue button is still showing that means you're not too late!