Saturday, March 24, 2012

MQG embraced

I was reading my flickr friend Jen's blog the other day, excited for her that she had her beautiful queen size DS Interlocking Wonky Stars in a Quilt Show because I could totally relate. Hearing about the collaboration between LAMQG and the Glendale Quilt Guild is awesome. I fondly refer to their guild as "the mother ship" - not sure who said it, but it's oh, so true.

Mod Mosaic and Me

It may be old news, but because it was BIG news - today's blog is about my 5 quilts shown at last months Pajaro Valley Quilt Association 34th annual Quilt show.  How very generous of PVQA, such an the established guild to embrace our local newly formed chapter of the MQG and extend an invitation for a Special Exhibit within their show.  I'm hoping that they will continue to do so in the future.
TSM Swap Group
SuperNova QAL Lee at Freshly Pieced
               It was a challenge to keep my labels 75 words or less but it was important to me that I give proper credit to the bloggers, QAL, tutorials, flickr groups and swappers who were a critical part of making my quilts.  I'm also hoping that after reading how much fun I had participating, that they went home and looked everyone up. Maybe they'll catch the joining bug like me.  
 
My three quilts were in good company with the amazing work representing South Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild - looking down the row was so eye catching, we definitely turned a lot of heads!  So many of my friends and family came out to see the show for the first time making it a really extra special personal experience too.

 In addition, I entered my Blogger's Block a Palooza and the Blue and White Plus One challenge mini since I'm also a member of PVQA. The scope of the show has always impressed me but after seeing it from the other side rather than just attending, it is even more staggering. Volunteering was a blast, to be part of such a well run event made my job easy. Next year I'm signing up for more duties and am already thinking ahead what quilts to make and share. Good thing it was so fabulous because it's keeping me from going to Quiltcon being held on the exact same dates (still not quite over it - but trying & planning on sending in the block challenge for kicks).

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post to read! The quilts look beautiful! It was fun to see the TSM quilt there! =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!