Saturday, June 16, 2012

WAV Ladies Week

I've shared my Crush Quilt photo and the story of how the title was inspired by our time at a friends vineyard during harvest season. Well, this post is about a recent visit during a very special Ladies Week at Wofford Acres Vineyard in the beautiful El Dorado Hills CA.
Me & Ann - with Ladies Week gift
 The name of the quilt I made for Ann was half the reason I chose it.  We just don't get to see one another often enough. A bonus is that the quilt is one more project completed for FALQ2.

Teal We Meet Again Quilt
One of my favorite things to do is take pictures - and yet, if it wasn't for my good friend Sue, I'd have next to nothing to show for the trip: these are all from her camera except the last two that I took many moons ago and wanted to share. I was lazy - yes, quite. I spent most of the time laying on the lawn, drinking Paul's award winning wine, grazing on fabulous food...

Our private tasting
Ann's neighbor, an avid quilter was sweet enough to invite us over to meet the gals from her guild. Her home was like a museum with quilts displayed on every wall and draped along the deck outside.  There was a mix of technique and some fabrics and pattern I recognized from my "to do" list as well as original designs that inspired.

Such a pretty color
We also took an outing to Jack Russell Brewing to pick up a new tee shirt for hubby, ventured into Placerville for Zia's gelato at the end of town (an inside joke) and to stock up on Z Pies to take home for the family which was a good thing since it was the first thing my son asked about as he helped unload the car.

I sat with Ann's friend Edi at lunch but didn't join some of the ladies on their trip to Time Out Spa - next time!  Oh, and the mug I use every day at work is from the wonderful Shafsky House B&B so I picked up another.

It's fun to be reminded of special times when you are back in the real world.

Me, Ann & Sue and the View



come for the wine, stay for the view
playing with photoshop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!