Friday, March 15, 2013

Tweet Tweet Twist Complete

Just in time for the Charity Auction benefit for Leukemia Lymphoma Society- I'm pleased to present a classic front porch shot of Tweet Tweet Twist, complete for Finish it Up Friday.
Moda's Tweet Tweet fabric with a Twist and a Twirl
Yummy Green flannel Back
The quilt was inspired by Jaybird's Fast Forward pattern only I used squares of fabric following the directions on my Lazy Angle ruler rather than stripped pieces.  After I was done cutting all of the units I realized that I could have cut a rectangle instead and saved a couple of steps - oh well.
FMQ partially done
I don't usually pre-wash my fabrics except for flannel and linen but in this case the Pink was from my stash and had been washed so I tossed the Tweet Tweet in as well.  I used Pellon Cotton batting and Aurifil 50wt for piecing and quilting.  Finished size 48"x60".  This is also my March ALYoF entry so I'll be linking up to that when it goes live. 
mis-cuts and left overs
Collaborative projects are so much fun and my friend did the binding on this - machine stitched - it looks great and I'm warming up to the idea (I've been a hold out in case you didn't know that about me). There will be more to come since I have a stack of mis-cuts and left overs - enough to make an entire quilt. So typical !

This morning I'm also playing around with photos and the palette builder at Play-Crafts as part of Intrepid Thread's fabric bundle giveaway contest.  I owe my oldest son an Oak Tree Quilt inspired by a photo shoot I did of him back in High School... and the picture of him as a little kid playing with crocheted finger puppets that grandma made was too cute to resist. Not sure which I'll enter...
love this picture of him....

Better get back at it - Happy Quilting
P.S. Tomorrow is my one year Blogiversary and I'll be having an Echino giveaway so be sure to check back!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the oak tree picture and palette!!

    Also, holy cow you busted that out :O :O :O It looks fantastic! And the quilting is AMAZING of course!!! You are really inspiring!

    (oh man I'm so behind on my march goal!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finish. I used that fabric for a quilt and love it! So pretty. Both of the palettes you have look great. Those would be fun in quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt!!! That's fun with your different color patterns, I'll have to look into that ... very interesting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find a place to create a palette from your own photos? Everyplace else I have seen uses stock photos and I have a couple that I would love to use for inspiration??? Love the quilt - I have that ruler and love to play with what it can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina - here's the link and you can also click on the word "PlayCrafts" above to get to their palette builder. It's super easy to upload your own photo and change the shape of the area that the colors pull from. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
      http://www.play-crafts.com/blog/palette-builder/

      Delete
  5. I am a hold out too! Great finish for a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!