Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December 2013 Fresh Sewing Day

December 2013 by capitolaquilter
December 2013, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.
I'm happy to report that I gifted 3 quilts, 1 table runner and 1 Kitchen Aid mixer cover in December. 

My first Quilt Show is making an extended appearance through the month of January which means it'll be a bit longer before xPlus is on our bed and that might be good since it trashed my body FMQing and I haven't quite forgiven it.

I got to play a bit with Improv in corduroy with high hopes of more to come.   Mixed style FMQing and trying out different patterns in general was also fun.

Wrapping up the year felt both rewarding - for having pulled off what I did - and frustrating - for not having started earlier.

Linking up to Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day December and to Finish it Up Friday with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts with new projects start to finish competed and gifted - yeah.

I'm hoping that making a 2013 recap post will be easier with the help of my Monthly Mosaic Set on flickr.  Motivated by the joint  Year-In-Review Linky Party at Play Crafts and Sarah Quilts, I'll be busy taking inventory and reflecting on highlights so that I can take my time hopping around- how about you?

Year In Review

4 comments:

  1. I am visiting from the Sew Fresh link up. I am a fairly new blogger and was curious about the swaps you have participated in. How do you find out about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a wonderful resource for bees and seems to be kept up quite well and you can click on the final page of "I want in" rather than scroll from the beginning: http://www.flickr.com/groups/quiltingbeeblocks/discuss/
      The 3x6, 4x5 are a good place to start for block swaps. Good luck and enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Your work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun collage. Looks like you got a lot done in December. Your FMQ is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!