Friday, February 7, 2014

Lotus Tile Pillow

First Goal of 2014 - checked off the list

Lotus Tile block pillow by capitolaquilter
Birthday Pillow Complete
Lotus Tile block pillow, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.
Finished and gifted. Feels pretty good considering my lack of completion lately. The button for the closure ended up more of a decoration than functional since the simple envelope method worked just fine.  I measured it for a 16x16 form but ended up shoving a 18x18 inside instead.
2.5" Fabric Button
It feels especially gratifying to have the pillow done because it's the first of 4 goals in Q1 FAL and my February ALYoF (goal set here) item as well. Linking up to the February Finishes Party

Paper Crafting

For the card I Zentangled this fun tag.

Inspired by the tiles I made from this book with my friend during our trip to Palm Springs - which is a whole entire post!

Challenging myself to try new techniques (or old dusty skills) like needle turn hand appliqué, embroidery and pen drawing is quite rewarding and inline with my New Years Resolution.  How about you?

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Up Friday where you can see that I'm not the only one around here making pillows! 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Pillow! I was Zentangling along all Christmas and somehow got off my routine. I find it helps me with my FMQ in a way. It is only February and I am just flying by the seat of my pants from project to project...no real goals this year except to enjoy my hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is gorgeous!! The black is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow is stunning! What a cool gift! And I am super impressed with your zentangles! It's one of those things I've played around with, but am never inspired by what I see on the page as I'm going along so I stop. Not the best approach I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillow, especially the way the black sets off the sections. Zentangles are so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finishes feel so great, especially when they are as beautiful as your pillow!
    Carole, from Fresh off the Frame

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!